Saturday 31 December 2011

2011...

2011 was not a great year. At least, the first half wasn't. It was a bit like ying and yang really.



Part of the year was awful. It was dark, hung with a black shadow that didn't seem to go away. And every time I thought it would improve it just seemed to get worse.

But then, the second half of it was amazing. I've been having a great time at Bristol, and I'm better in myself than I have ever been. I'm coming off my meds. I'm happy. The outlook for the year is good.

I don't do New Year's resolutions. There I things I want to happen next year, aspects of myself which I want to change. But I'll be changing not because it's New Year, but because it's a new start to myself. So, over the course of the next year I aim to be healthier (in body and in mind) to be more positive about myself and to stop putting myself down.

So, here's to a new year *raises a mug of tea*. May it be a good one. I wish you all peace and happiness, and good fortune in all that you do.

6 comments:

  1. Hey! Happy New Year to you!* raises a mug of chai latte* I dont do new years res. either but I have started inc anti oxidants into my diet such as blueberries, green tea and brazil nuts. That is great about the healthy mind and soul, all the best with everything. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!

    @AuntyEm I've got to admit that I am trying to eat healthier, cut out chocolate and stuff. Was meant to start today, but accidently ate some chocolate cake this morning :S All the best to you too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. chocolate cake is good! esp dark chocoate, 70% min cocoa solids! eek! is an anti oxidant. lol. Its so damn bitter though! yak! Oh and how can you 'accidently' eat choc. cake? lol. bless. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is mega late, but Happy New Year! I whole-heartedly support your not-resolutions. Hope this year is everything you want it to be and even more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Rosie :)

    @AuntyEm. Very easily!! I went downstairs, saw some chocolate cake, ate a bit then remembered my decision the night before not to eat chocolate. Obviously I'd failed for the day, so I may have eated a wee bit more... :) Also, dark chocolate is the best :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments :)